Here is a breakdown of the typical interest rates you can expect with different credit scores: 850 – 740: Excellent credit score – 3.2% interest rate (on average) 739 – 680: Average credit score – 4.5% interest rate (on average) 680 and below: Sub-Prime credit score – 6.5 – 12.9% interest rate (on average) *
Which bank has the best auto loan rates?
The 7 Best Auto Loan Rates of 2019
- Best Overall Rates: Consumers Credit Union.
- Best for Bad Credit: SpringboardAuto.
- Best Big Bank Lender: CapitalOne.
- Best for Refinancing: OpenRoad Lending.
- Best for Tech Junkies: Carvana.
- Best for Shopping Around: LendingTree.
- Best for Shopping Around for Refinancing: Lending Club.
Can you negotiate interest rates on car loans?
Yes, just like the price of the vehicle, the interest rate is negotiable. Dealers may have discretion to charge you more than the buy rate they receive from a lender, so you may be able to negotiate the interest rate the dealer quotes to you. Ask or negotiate for a loan with better terms.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”